Booster for WooCommerce A.K.A Woo Booster or previously known as WooCommerce Jetpack. It is a plugin that you can use to boost the capabilities of your WooCommerce store that extends the features of the WooCommerce plugin.
The WooCommerce extension could be considered as an all-in-one WooCommerce plugin that adds a wide range of features with 100+ modules to give more capabilities to your WooCommerce store.
In this article, we shall discuss some of its important features, advantages, and disadvantages of the plugin and we try to decide whether this plugin is right for you or not.
Booster for WooCommerce – Review
In the WordPress plugin repository the free Booster for WooCommerce plugin has 700,000+ Active Installations and has received 4.7 out of 5 stars by 334 Users.
Some users have complained that the only feature that they need was in the premium plan. Other users have also mentioned that the plugin is complicated.
Most of the 5-star Ratings given to the free plugin were given for excellent support, so we understand that their support team is responsive but what we need to understand deeper is that, most of us would require the help of the support team to set up this plugin.
Booster Free Vs Booster Plus
Though the free plugin comes with some powerful features, there are some serious limitations.
For example the Currency Switcher only allows 2 currencies only and you have to enter the exchange rates manually. So if you’re using the plugin for Multi-Currency features then the free plugin may not be enough for you.
If you are looking to just use the free plugin for your store, then you need to check the Free vs Plus. Use the free plugin only if the features you are looking for are available in the free version. When going through negative user reviews, many have complained that the feature they’ve wanted is not available in the free version and they’ve wasted their time setting up the plugin.
Since the free version has various limitations, we will directly move on to the Booster Plus (premium) version.
Note: the Booster for WooCommerce plugin is a plugin to expand the features of the eCommerce capabilities of WooCommerce and not a plugin focused on boosting sales. If you want a WooCommerce Sales Booster plugin check out this article.
Booster Plus for WooCommerce Pricing:
The premium version has 4 pricing plans:
- $49.99 – for 1-year of support and updates for a Single site
- $79.99 – Lifetime support and updates for a Single site
- $79.99 – 1-year support and updates for Unlimited sites
- $149.99 – Lifetime support and updates for Unlimited sites
Though the Booster for WooCommerce is a freemium plugin (offers both free and premium versions), the free version has some limitations and so for this article we will include all the features of the Booster Plus for WooCommerce premium plugin.
Important Features of Booster Plus for WooCommerce plugin
Booster Plus for WooCommerce – Coupon Code
The plugin has multiple modules that can help you generate and regulate coupons.
The first one is the Coupon Code Generator module. When enabled, this module will generate coupon codes automatically when a new coupon is added and you can control the length of the coupon generated.
The second one is the Coupon by User Role module. This module allows you to disable WooCommerce coupons for selected user roles in your WordPress site. You can disable all the coupons or on the per coupon basis for each User Role.
If you want to allows the coupons of your store to be applied via a URL (Links), there is a URL Coupons module, that allows your customers to apply coupons via URL. When this URL is clicked, the coupon discount will be automatically applied. You could also do Redirect URL to redirect the customer to Cart, Checkout, or even a Custom URL.
Booster for WooCommerce – Product Input Fields
The Product Input Fields module that you can find under the ‘Products’ section of the Booster for WooCommerce – Dashboard. This module allows you to add custom input fields to WooCommerce product’s frontend page for customers to fill before adding a product to their cart before buying.
For example, when you are selling customized products such as Printable T-Shirts, where you need the Text of the customer for printing. This can be done by adding a Textarea, input field on the product page (frontend).
The product input fields can be added globally (i.e. for all products) or on per product basis that you can choose in the settings. This module has many different types of fields that you can choose such as Text, Textarea, Number, Checkbox, and many more.
Booster for WooCommerce – Email Automation
The plugin has a Custom Emails module that allows you to add Custom Emails so that you can set email templates so you can send customized emails when triggered such as New Order- Completed or New Order – Cancelled.
There is also another Email Options module that lets you add email recipient(s) to all WooCommerce emails. You can also add some forwarding email addresses and add product info to the item name.
Booster for WooCommerce – Shortcodes
As of now (May-2020) the Booster for WooCommerce plugin comes with 150+ shortcodes that you can use when the corresponding module has been enabled. For example, there is a shortcode for displaying a product’s wholesale price in a table on the frontend.
This shortcode can only be used when you have enabled the Wholesale Price module that you can find under the Prices & Currencies section. You can customize this shortcode to in many ways to get your custom product wholesale pricing table where you can show that the prices reduce when the quantity of the product increases. It helps you to create a wholesale pricing table display like the one you see below.
|FROM 4 PCS.||FROM 10 PCS.||FROM 20 PCS.|
Note: the WooCommerce plugin comes with a good set of customizable shortcodes. You can see them here.
Other Major Features of Booster Plus for WooCommerce
- It has various modules for working with multiple currencies and pricing details even to the level of each product
- There is an Add to Cart Button Labels module that allows more control over add to cart and other buttons and pricing labels
- Has 10+ modules for Shipping and Orders to get increased shipping and order handling functionality
- It also has a custom shipping calculator tool, setting shipping methods by cities, and delivery time estimations
- There are 14+ Payment Gateway Modules that allow more payment gateway options such as Min/Max amounts to enable or disable certain gateways
- As the name suggests its an All-in-One WooCommerce plugin that adds powerful features for your eCommerce store.
- It eliminates the need to install multiple WooCommerce extensions and reduces the compatibility issues that you could face with the extensions.
- The free version is quite powerful; it will suffice the need for most WooCommerce stores.
- Its premium version Booster Plus for WooCommerce plugin, it is quite affordable comparing all of the features it provides especially the pricing of the unlimited sites plan.
- Provides documentation for each the modules
- Since it has many features it has a learning curve attached to it. If you can learn to use this plugin, there are so many things that you can do with it.
- If you are using this plugin for just some small features this plugin could be an overkill.
- Since this plugin offers a wide range of features it comes in several modules. Though these modules are relatively easy to use, installing each module and setting them up will take a good amount of time.
- Also, if you install many of the modules your site could get bulky, so your site could slow down a bit.
- Many people search for ‘Booster for WooCommerce tutorial’ but there are no tutorials available so far (As of May-2020).
How to Use Booster for WooCommerce plugin?
If you’re wondering how to use this plugin, we can help you with some tips.
First, you need to install and activate the plugin as just any other WordPress plugin. The plugin adds a ‘Booster’ tab in the WooCommerce Settings, as you see in the image below. To reach this page you have to,
- Go to the Dashboard and click on ‘WooCommerce’
- Here click the ‘Settings’ option and go to the ‘Booster’ tab
On this page you can setup the Booster for WooCommerce plugin for your store.
Setting Up Booster for WooCommerce
In this Setting’s tab which they call ‘Booster for WooCommerce – Dashboard’ has all the 100+ modules of the plugin that are separated by various types of modules such as Prices & Currencies, Button & Price Labels, etc.,
In this dashboard you can enable/disable any Booster’s module. You can read the short description under each checkbox before activating the module. You can find more details about each module in their docs.
After ticking the checkbox on the modules that you want to activate you have to drag your screen towards the bottom of the page and click the ‘Save Changes’ button.
To customize the modules separately you have to use the ‘Setting’ option under each module. You should only activate the modules that you want to use, if you activate all the modules it would make your site bulky unless you want all the features.
Booster for WooCommerce – Tutorial
Since there are so many modules it would take some time to get used to it and set it up properly.
Right now the Booster for WooCommerce plugin does not have any tutorials and the documentation on their official site is also basic. But we can do a video tutorial of the Booster for WooCommerce plugin. If you want us to do a tutorial please let us know in the comments section.