One crucial aspect of running a WooCommerce store is to keep on following innovative ways to attract the target customers to buy from you. Whether it is about offering product combos, upselling products, or offering freebies, numerous ways work for this particular purpose.
Interestingly, one popular strategy that many WooCommerce store owners follow is to enable customers to use product customization options. This strategy works as it is based on the very fact – customers will become loyal to your online store if they can get exactly what they want.
By giving extra WooCommerce product options on the product page, you can allow the buyers to personalize the products they want to buy. Depending on the scope of customization offered, you will most likely see a boost in the user engagement ratio on your site. Other benefits of such offerings are building long-term customer relationships, higher sales, and conversion.
Now, are you be wondering –
How to add extra product options in your WooCommerce store?
The answer is – make use of one of the best WooCommerce extra product option plugins.
Both you and your customers can benefit after you add custom fields in WooCommerce single product page or WooCommerce product with multiple options. On the one hand, you can get to know more about what your customers want. While on the other, the customers get the opportunity to choose exactly what they need.
Also See: How to Add WooCommerce Custom Fields
Let’s check out some of the best WooCommerce product options plugins you can choose from.
|Product Input Fields||WooCommerce Extra Product Options by ThemeComplete||Extra Product Options for WooCommerce By ThemeHigh||YITH WooCommerce Product Add-ons||WooCommerce Custom Fields by RightPress|
|Color Picker||Yes||No||In Pro||No|
|Date Picker||Yes||Yes||In Pro||Yes|
|File Upload||Yes||In Pro||In Pro||Yes|
|Time Picker||No||In Pro||No||No|
|Label||No||In Pro||In Pro||No|
|Multiple Labels||No||No||In Pro||No|
WooCommerce Extra Product Options by ThemecompleteIf you want to offer the Extra Product Options on your WooCommerce store for specific user-roles and want to enable or disable the options Globally, the WooCommerce Extra Product Options plugin by ThemeComplete is the best option for you. It’s the most popular extra product options plugin for WooCommerce and has made over 24,386 + Sales with user ratings of 4.9/5 Stars from 1018 users (as of June-2020). Using this plugin, you can quickly transform the dropdowns for variation attributes into radio buttons, color swatches, or even image swatches. With this plugin, you also get complete control over the placement of new product input fields for WooCommerce. It supports checkboxes, select boxes, radio buttons, input boxes, and more. On a WooCommerce store, there are some limited options to showcase product variations by default. Particularly if you offer product variations on your site, you want something different than just the cliched dropdowns of variations available. It also has a premium add-on for
- You could enable extra options in Shop and Category view besides the product page which is not available in any other plugins
- Can add fields such as Check-boxes, Radio buttons, Select boxes, Text-areas, Input boxes, Upload, Date, Range picker, Color picker, and many other field types to add to your product options
- Has an advanced Form Builder for improved backend performance
- Comes with a powerful Control Panel to manage product options globally or per product
- Supports mathematical functions to calculate the price of a product option
- Facility to select a product as a product option, much like bundle plugins
- Conditional logic support to show or hide options based on the value(s) of other options
- Can be integrated with many other WooCommerce extensions such as WooCommerce Composite Products, WooCommerce Bookings, WooCommerce Measurement Price Calculator, WooCommerce Subscriptions, YITH plugins, and many other popular extensions
- Compatible with other plugins like Elementor, WP Bakery (Visual Composer) and many other important plugins
Extra Product Options (Product Addons) for WooCommerce
Many young people are interested in buying customized products online. The more product options you provide to the buyers, the more satisfied they will feel. For a WooCommerce store owner, Extra Product Options plugin for WooCommerce by ThemeHigh is one way to boost sales and profits from your store.
This intuitive plugin is the answer to a commonly asked question – How do I add custom fields to WooCommerce products?
Using this free plugin, you can add custom product and price fields to a specific product page, which makes it easy for buyers to make the right choice.
Primary Features of Extra Product Options plugin for WooCommerce:
- You can add WooCommerce product input fields such as Text fields, Radio buttons, Checkboxes
- Comes with a list of Predefined Validations to choose from
- Facility to add, edit, or delete product fields from the WooCommerce product page
- Easy to change the display order of custom product options
- Conditional display fields & sections based on products and categories
- CSS class addition for the product input fields for WooCommerce
- Easy duplication of custom fields in a single click
Extra Product Options plugin for WooCommerce – Premium
The premium Extra Product Options for WooCommerce plugins comes with additional features, including the following:
- 15+ field types available
- Easy to add new sections at predefined positions
- Custom validator feature
- Multiple Price fields with Dynamic and Fixed Pricing
YITH WooCommerce Product Add-ons
Offering product customization options is a cumbersome task to manage in an online store that does not allow the customers to provide the required information. However, you can make it simple for your WooCommerce store using the YITH WooCommerce Product Add-ons plugin.
This personalized product options plugin for WooCommerce allows you to add a text field at the product page to accept details for product customization. Similarly, you can create checkboxes or radio buttons on the product pages for quick & easy selection of pre-configured options.
Features of YITH WooCommerce Product Add-ons Free plugin:
- Easy to create a group of options to be applied to a single product, a specific product category, or all products in your store.
- Multiple product options – Checkbox, Text, and Radio button
- Facility to set dependency between the options
- Simplified assignment of fixed price to product options
- Label and description settings for single options
Features of YITH WooCommerce Product Add-ons Premium plugin:
The premium version of this plugin is also available with additional features like:
- Multiple typologies like colors, date, label, and number to add product options
- Quantity selector to calculate product quantity
- Possibility to hide product options or make them mandatory
- You can set a label and description for each option
- Can show placeholder text for textual and numerical add-ons
- Supports to Divi, Flatsome, Unero theme, and 7up Theme
- Compatible with various plugins like Woo Layout Injector and WooFood Plugin
Improved Product Options for WooCommerce
The standard WooCommerce dropdown boxes for product attributes do not look good on all online stores. If you are looking forward to improving the visual experience related to your site, this plugin is made for you. It has been designed to enhance attributes selection in your online shop.
You can use it to set up shop attributes styles and use text, image, or color swatches as product variation selectors. Alongside this, it can be used to add custom product options with additional pricing support.
Primary Features of Improved Product Options for WooCommerce plugin:
- Support in-stock/out of stock options for variable products
- Can allow customers to use Text, HTML, Images or Color to show product variation selectors
- Works with almost WordPress themes and has special integrations with popular eCommerce themes such as X-Theme, Avada, BeTheme, Bridge, Divi, Enfold, Flatsome, Legenda, Listify, Salient, The7, HandyStore, Kallyas, Porto, Royal Theme, Atelier, Impreza, Camelia, The Gem, Unero and more.
- Easy to add custom product options
- Product option selectors for archive pages
- Global product options and individual product options support
- Product backorder notification support
- AJAX add to cart options
- Translation ready with WPML plugin
WooCommerce Custom Fields by RightPress
Some WooCommerce stores also require custom product field features along with offering extra product options to their customers. You do not need to invest in two different WooCommerce product addons for these distinct functional values, as there is a WooCommerce Custom Fields plugin available for such needs.
You can use this plugin as a WooCommerce custom fields plugin as well as for adding product input fields for WooCommerce. It allows you to create custom product fields and checkout fields to gather additional information from the customers. Alongside this, you can sell extra product options to optimize your WooCommerce store.
Primary Features of WooCommerce Custom Fields:
- Create unlimited product fields more than 10 field types such as Text, Text Area, Password, Email, Number, Date Picker, Select, Multi-select, Checkboxes, Radio buttons, and File upload
- Full control over product pricing
- Custom field addition to thousands of products all at once
- Easy to create configurable WooCommerce products with selectable options
- Public properties to provide additional information to the buyers
- Customizable Checkout fields, Order fields, and User fields
- Control all the allowed file types and file sizes
- Default value setting for all field types
- Custom CSS addition to style each field
WooCommerce Extra Product Sorting Options by SkyVergeAnother aspect of running a WooCommerce store is your willingness to offer featured products or those with sales first on the shop page. You want more customers to look at and buy these products, without having to create a separate category for these products. Although the WooCommerce plugin comes with the default sorting options for the Shop page, they are just not enough sometimes. If you want something beyond the default WooCommerce sorting, you need WooCommerce Extra Product Sorting Options plugin. As one of the best free WooCommerce product addons, it has been designed to extend the default sorting options.
Primary Features of WooCommerce Extra Product Sorting Options:
- You can create a custom sorting order and set new names for the default sorting
- Gives you 5 sorting options such as Alphabetical, Reverse Alphabetical, On Sale, Review Count, and Availability
- The Sort by Review Count option helps you to sort using the number of product reviews and you can show the Most Rated products in your shop
- Compatible with
Hope you found the tool that you’re looking for to enhance your WooCommerce. Please share your thoughts and questions in the comments section.