Want to use WordPress to create a documentation site? Are you looking best WordPress documentation plugins to create a documentation for your products and services?
WordPress documentation plugins are very helpful as it allows website owners to create documentation for their products and services. With a documentation site you can provide quick and easy access to information that their visitors may be looking for. It can also reduce the number of customer service inquiries and support tickets, saving time and resources for the website owner. Additionally, it can improve the user experience by making it easy for visitors to find the information they need.
Best Documentation Plugins For WordPress
Let’s see the list of some of the best documentation plugins. Some of them are free and some has to be bought. You can make use of the documentation plugin that best meets your needs.
Helpie Docs is the finest tool for writing documentation without being distracted since it gets in the way of your work and frees you up to concentrate on creating, sharing, and collaborating on content.
With Helpie Docs documentation plugins you can make it easy for users to find the information they need and can also help you to make your documentation site more visually appealing and customizable.
Helpie Docs Key Features
- Customizable design: Helpie Docs allows you to customize the look and feel of your documentation site using its branding and styling options so you can you can use your creativity to customize your documentation.
- Live Search: The plugin includes a live search feature that allows users to quickly find the information they need.
- Content organization: Helpie Docs provides a variety of options for organizing your content, including categories, tags, and the ability to create a table of contents.
- Access Control with Collaboration: control who can edit, publish and approve content.
- Frontend Editing: it has a Medium.com-like front-end editor.
- Compatibility with WPML: you will be able to offer a multilingual knowledge base with the help of Helpie and WPML.
- Useful Insights: provides analytics to track the views, likes and dislikes of articles. This can help you understand which articles are the most popular and where users are having trouble.
FAQs are a great way to answers your customers or users commonly asked questions. You could also present your product or service documentation as FAQ type posts. If you want to create FAQ type documentation site in WordPress you could make use of Helpie FAQ plugin.
Helpie FAQ offers a simple interface for organizing and creating questions and answers. You can choose how the FAQs are displayed, such as in an accordion, toggle, or list view.
Use Helpie FAQ to add a FAQ or a Questions & Answers section (QA Tab) to your product pages if you run a WooCommerce store. From this page, you can directly respond to customer questions about your products.
Helpie FAQ Key Features:
- Multi-language support: The plugin supports multiple languages, making it easier to create a FAQ section that caters to a global audience.
- FAQ Shortcode: You can use shortcodes to display the FAQs on any page or post, making it easy to place the FAQs wherever you want on your website.
- Page Builder Supports: compatible with popular page builders and comes with custom FAQ widgets for Gutenberg and Elementor
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) friendly: The plugin is optimized for search engines, so your FAQs can be easily found by visitors and search engines.
- Tracking and Analytics: The plugin provides analytics on how many times the FAQs have been viewed and clicked, giving you insight into which FAQs are most popular and how your visitors are interacting with your FAQ section.
weDocs is a simplified solution to create documentation quickly. With weDocs plugin you can create/add new docs, organize with ordering, and tags and create good looking documentation for your products.
You could even fetch docs from external sites using weDocs.
weDocs Key Features:
Some of the key features of the weDocs plugin that can assist in creating a documentation site include:
- Multi layer Document Creation: you can use nested documentations organized with sections and subsections nested one inside another.
- SEO Compatibility: you can optimize your documentations for search engines with weDocs for better visibility on search results pages.
- Tag Management: you can create, use, and manage multiple tags for your documentations with weDocs to better organize them.
- Drag and Drop Sorting: to sort documentations is super easy with weDocs with the drag and drop feature.
- Compatible with WordPress Language Plugin weDocs is compatible with Weglot, the language plugin for WordPress.
If you want a free WordPress documentation plugin with search function and the ability to add categories and tags for organization you could give BasePress plugin a try.
Comparing other free documentation plugins for WordPress, BasePress comes with some helpful features to create better self-servicing docs for your customers.
BasePress Docs Key Features:
Some of the key features of the BasePress plugin that can assist in creating a documentation site include:
- Customizable design: allows you to customize the look and feel of your documentation site using 3 unique pre-designed templates are responsive and customizable
- Article organization: BasePress allows you to organize your articles by categories, tags, and sections
- Automatic Table of Contents (PRO): The plugin allows you to customize the table of contents and its layout to match the design of your site
- Access Control (PRO): BasePress allows you to restrict access to certain articles to specific user roles.
- Analytics (PRO): The plugin provides analytics to track the views, likes and dislikes of articles. This can help you understand which articles are the most popular and where users are having trouble.
EazyDocs is a WordPress documentation plugin that can help you create and organize documentation for your products and business. In your documentation site you can have a docs custom post type with categories and tags and it includes a search function to make it easy for users to find the information they need.
With EasyDocs you have the the ability to add screenshots and videos within your documentation.
EazyDocs Key Features:
Some of the key features of the EazyDocs plugin that can assist in creating a documentation site include:
- Docs Reordering: you can easily drag-n-drop your docs to order them
- Customizable Design: EasyDocs plugin comes with a modern design and allows you to customize the look and feel of your documentation site using several customizable options.
- Collapsible Sidebar: comes with a collapsible sidebar that can be collapsed by clicking on the sidebar toggle button.
- Bulk Actions: comes with several bulk actions for duplicating docs and change visibility by bulk select (Private/internal, Password Protected, Public)
WP Help is a WordPress documentation plugin that can assist you in organising and producing documentation for your company or product. You can generate and arrange documentation in a hierarchical manner using the WP Help plugin.
WP Help Key Features:
Some of the key features of the WP Help plugin that can assist in creating a documentation site include:
- Hierarchical Structure: WP Help allows you to create and organize documentation in a hierarchical structure, which can make it easy for users to find the information they need.
- Screenshots and videos: WP Help allows you to add screenshots and videos to your documentation, which can make it more informative and user-friendly.
- Customizable labels: WP Help allows you to customize labels and texts used throughout the plugin.
Overall, All of these WordPress documentation plugins can help you create a well-organized and user-friendly documentation website.
Finally, the plugin you select will be determined by the specific needs and requirements of your project.
If you’re not sure which plugin to use, we recommend Helpie Docs, because it has excellent documentation features in general.