As per statistics, the cart abandonment rate is 69.57 %, which is really high for any eCommerce business. This rate says a lot about a consumer’s journey on an eCommerce website. While it is difficult to recover all the abandoned carts, it is possible to bring some customers back with the right set of tools.
You only get to know about the niceties of a customer’s journey with experience over time. eCommerce business owners spend a lot of their time, money, and efforts trying to engage customers on their sites and finally convince them to add a product to their cart. But it often happens that many people leave websites even after adding products to their cart. It is what people call ‘cart abandonment’.
WooCommerce Cart Abandonment
If you have a WooCommerce store for which cart abandonment rate is quite high, the tools you need are WooCommerce plugins to recover abandoned carts. One way in which these plugins can help your online store is by bringing the shoppers back to complete purchasing the products on your site. It is more like reminding them about the orders they might have forgotten to place.
When to Send Email Notifications for Abandoned Carts
The right choice of WooCommerce plugin to recover abandoned carts must be based on your business type and the scale at which you are operating it. At the start, you can use free plugins and then move on to their pro versions to get additional features.
Alongside, it is also crucial for you to know when to send emails for abandoned cart recovery. It has also been found that reminders sent in the first few hours after a cart is abandoned have a high conversion rate. Post that, the rate drops steadily. So, make sure you keep this recommendation in mind as well.
Here, we will talk about some of the best WooCommerce plugins using which you can reduce cart abandonment rates on your site.
Best Abandoned Cart Recovery Plugins for Your WooCommerce Store
Some of these plugins have free plans so you try them first, but we recommed that you go for a premium plugin so that you get to use the best cart recovery tool available.
WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery by CartFlows
Losing revenue because of cart abandonment is not a good thing and can lead to lower sales over time. The best part is you need not always look for a premium abandoned cart recovery plugin. If you are dubious and are thinking twice before investing in any such plugin, start with the WooCommerce cart abandonment recovery plugin. It is a free-to-use plugin but enriched with features that can help you recover lost revenue.
The plugin works by capturing a user’s email address at the checkout page of your site. Depending on a specific period, it starts sending an automated series of emails that can be customized to reflect your brand. You can customize and use these email sequences for order completion, feedback capturing, or offering a discount to entice the users to buy from you.
Primary Features of WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery Plugin:
- Unique checkout links for each user that takes him where he left to allow quick buying experience
- Conversion-tested, ready to use email templates
- Easy integration with marketing automation tools through webhooks
- Cart abandonment recovery reports
YITH WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart
Another undermined aspect of running an eCommerce business is to build a loyal customer base. This happens when you offer good quality products, seamless buying experience on your site, and quick support services. You can also do this by enticing your customers to buy from you with the help of discount coupons or customized emails.
Think like being in your customer’s shoes. You would feel good when an online store offers you a discount via email or simply asks you what has gone wrong so that things could be improved.
It all is possible with the help of the YITH WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart plugin. It can help you convert the abandoned carts into purchase orders.
There is also a free YITH WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart with limited features, that you could.
Primary Features of YITH WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart Plugin
- Assign specific User Role to certain users to focus on special strategies to recover their carts
- The Guest Carts can be saved and recovered
- Direct email notifications for recovered orders
- Easy to customize email templates
- Facility to add coupons to the recovery emails
- Emails can be scheduled to the optimum timing
- WPML compatible, which helps in sending emails in local languages
- Tracking feature for sent emails with advanced reports
- Multisite plugin subscription available
WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart by FantasticPlugins
Another aspect of abandoned cart recovery that is often less talked about is to figure out what to do if the prospect still does not feel enticed after you send him an email. This is what usually happens. The customers often ignore the first few emails.
This plugin has made 4300+ sales in CodeCanyon and received 4.7/5 rating from 151 customers which says that its a reliable plugin.
One way to be persistent about recovered cart sales is to follow up with multiple emails, the later ones being designed with an additional discount coupon. There is no need to write code for this as WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart extension can help you out.
This plugin is meant to send emails at specific times for abandoned cart recovery. You can also add a cart link in the email and set up any number of email templates for your site.
Primary Features of WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart Plugin:
- Works for both registered members and guest users
- Abandoned cart record checking
- Works well for both simple as well as variable products
- Easy to activate/deactivate email templates
- Comes with manual mailing option
- Automatic coupon code generation facility
- Phone number capturing to facilitate manual follow-up with the customers
- Compatible with all WooCommerce themes
- Emails are translatable for languages other than English with WPML, WPML String Translation, and WooCommerce Multilingual Compatibility
Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce
Customer recovery via email remarketing has proven to work well for WooCommerce websites. You can utilize this strategy with the help of the Abandoned Cart Lite plugin.
As a powerful plugin designed for lower cart abandonment rates, Abandoned Cart allows in recovering the orders that are just a step away from being received.
The plugin works in the background and sends automated email notifications to the customers who left your website after adding products to the cart. In other words, it reminds them of the abandoned orders.
Primary Features of Abandoned Cart Lite Plugin for WooCommerce:
- Abandoned cart recovery with a single click at the customer’s end
- Detailed information about abandoned orders, including the related products
- Capturing of abandoned guest carts
- Easy to track abandoned versus recovered order value
- Admin notification feature for order recovery
- Can add custom variables in the email template (custom fields available in Pro)
Features of Abandoned Cart Pro for WooCommerce Plugin
If you like the free plugin, you can make use of the powerful cart recovery features provided by upgrading to their Pro plugin
- Powerful ‘Add to Cart Popup Modal’ to customize the Popups
- 3+ default email templates
- Send automated messages via Email, Text, and Facebook
- Facility to offer incentives to the buyers on checkout completion
- Embedded WooCommerce coupons in emails sent to the customers
- Expired coupon tracking
- Email tracking for each template used – whether sent, opened, or link clicks, and many others
CartBounty – Save And Recover Abandoned Carts for Woocommerce
Is your WooCommerce store designed with the functionality to save and record the activity that happens in a user’s cart? If not, you need the CartBounty plugin which comes with such features. It is a free WordPress plugin that enables saving and recovery of abandoned carts. It works by saving all activity that a user performs at the checkout form and then sends notifications to newly abandoned carts.
Alongside this, you get the feature to send email reminders for purchase both automatically and manually.
Primary Features for CartBounty Plugin
- Exit-intent popups to save the cart of an unregistered user
- Checkout field data capturing
- Frequency settings to receive email notifications as an admin
- ‘Remember Checkout Fields’ function to prevent the users from losing the previously entered data in the checkout form
Features of CartBounty Pro – Save and Recover Abandoned Carts for WooCommerce
- Saving of abandoned shopping cart even before submitting the checkout form
- MailChimp and Active Campaign integration for automation of abandoned cart recovery
- Mobile exit-intent popups
- Exporting abandoned carts
- Filters for additional configuration
- Protection against bots
Mailchimp for WooCommerce
The official Mailchimp for WooCommerce integration helps you to sync your customers’ purchase data to your Mailchimp account. As a result, it facilitates automatic follow-up with the customers who have abandoned carts. Since this plugin is completely free, you can use it to perform a quantitative analysis over ROI from your WooCommerce store.
Features of Mailchimp for WooCommerce that are Useful for Cart Recovery
- Sync audience purchase data to your Mailchimp account
- Customer tracking and segmentation based on order frequency
- Multisite support, with a few caveats
Hope you have found the best WooCommerce cart recovery plugin to recover your abandoned carts.
To get more content on becoming a successful eCommerce business owner with WooCommerce plugin, subscribe to our newsletter. If you have any thoughts or questions please share in the comments section.