A WooCommerce website gives you an excellent opportunity to build a scalable online business. But being an administrator of such an online store also comes with its fair share of hassles and complications. If you have been managing a WooCommerce site, you might have come across its various limitations, one of which is the limited number of order statuses available.
WooCommerce Order Status Features In Core plugin
WooCommerce by default comes with a good Order Status and Order Management dashboard to manage your eCommerce store orders. The Order Statuses that comes with the core plugin are:
- Pending Payment
- On Hold
Since not every WooCommerce store is the same as others, you would need more order statuses than the ones available by default. However, you can use WooCommerce extensions to manage and create custom order statuses that best suit your needs.
While there are so many WooCommerce plugins for order status management, selecting the one that is most suitable for your site requires adequate information about them.
In this blog, we will be covering some of the best WooCommerce order status plugins using which you can manage the status of store shipments, order, and projects.
1. WooCommerce Order Status ManagerAs the name suggests, the WooCommerce Order Status Manager plugin lets you create Custom Order Statuses with a new workflow of how orders are completed in your site. You can also edit pre-existing order statuses to easily integrate into the existing order management flow of your site. If your WooCommerce store requires a custom order status feature other than what it offers by default, this plugin can help you a lot. Another striking benefit of using this plugin is its seamless integration into the WooCommerce order actions or bulk changes to order status. It also enables you to edit core order status or custom status and trigger order emails based on the status change that occurs.
Primary Features of WooCommerce Order Status Manager plugin:
- Facility to add icons or action buttons to the new order statuses
- Easy to edit WooCommerce core status to add custom status with new action buttons
- Drag and drop reordering of order statuses
- Inclusion of custom statuses in shop reports
- Email content update via templates
- Safe deletion of custom status without impacting the related orders
2. Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce
Shipment tracking is yet another crucial aspect of running an eCommerce business. If you can integrate shipment tracking to your order status both yourself and your customers can benefit from the shipment notification. You can save time, effort, and money by choosing a plugin that integrates shipment tracking in the order status.
Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce is a popular free plugin that you can use to add shipment tracking information to the orders. At the customer’s end, they can track their orders through their user accounts and emails having the required tracking information and link. The best part is – you can also use it to create custom order statuses.
You can connect the Shippment traffic information to WooCommerce using the WooCommerce REST API endpoint.
Primary Features of Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce:
- Can enable custom order statuses such as Delivered, Partially Shipped, Updated Tracking, and can even rename the Completed Order status to Shipped
- Adding multiple tracking numbers to product orders
- Shipping provider selection when adding tracking information into the orders
- Default shipping provider settings
- Custom order status emails to the customers
- Email customizer to edit the information sent to the users via email
- Bulk import of tracking information to orders
- Order status renaming facility
Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce – Pro Add-ons
Premium add-ons available such as,
- Tracking per item add-on to attach tracking numbers to each item in a single order
- TrackShip add-on to integrate TrackShip and WooCommerce using shipment tracking API
3. YITH WooCommerce Custom Order Status
Keeping an eye on the details of the process that starts from placing an order to successful delivery is crucial for an eCommerce store owner. This way, you can look at different stages of order processing and see what needs improvement. One aspect of this assurance process is to add custom labels to various stages of order processing, which you can easily cover by using YITH WooCommerce Custom Order Status plugin.
It is a go-to plugin to make the orders section of your WooCommerce store more intuitive for easy monitoring of sales.
Primary Features of YITH WooCommerce Custom Order Status:
- Flexibility to overwrite the default WooCommerce order statuses
- Icons and labels for custom statuses to identify orders to quickly change the order status icon
- Product accessibility control to allow users to cancel an order, pay for it, and access downloadable files
- Order tracking with respect to a custom status
- Configurable settings to send emails for custom order status
- Integration possible with various plugins, including YITH WooCommerce Email Templates, YITH WooCommece Multi-Vendor, and YITH WooCommerce Order Tracking
- WPML compatible
- Multi-site licenses also available
4. WooCommerce Order Status & Actions ManagerIf you think you need something beyond the default WooCommerce order statuses, you need the WooCommerce Order Status & Actions Manager plugin to enhance the workflow on your site. One of the striking features of this premium plugin is that it allows you to manage multiple actions that get triggered on the application of order statuses. It also comes with an action scanner with which you can process multiple orders by scanning them, thereby defining an order status automatically. You get the choice of selecting custom status that you want to appear on the widget.
Primary Features of WooCommerce Order Status & Actions Manager:
- Easy to choose color and status style
- Comes with a unique order status setting for each gateway
- 1600+ icons for order statuses
- Quick to trigger custom status with actions being displayed on the main orders page
- Seamless integration with built-in WooCommerce reporting module
- Can manage stocks with Stock control
- Order note prompt to add notes to the order on setting the status
- Automatic status triggering based on time
5. Custom Order Status for WooCommerceUsing the Custom Order Status for WooCommerce plugin, you can set up a custom status for orders by default along with triggering customized emails for the newly added statuses. Particularly related to creating custom order statuses, there are various aspects that you need to consider, depending on your business needs. If you are new to using the WooCommerce platform but want custom order status, you can download the free version of this plugin and add custom order statuses to your site. With its free version, you can create or edit slug, icon, label, and icon color. However, you need the pro version of this plugin to get many additional value-added features.
Primary Features of Custom Order Status for WooCommerce:
- Custom status setting based on selected payment medium
- Custom order status in admin reports
- Easy to send custom emails for the new statuses
- Addition of custom statuses for bulk actions
- Compatible with WPML plugin
- License available for unlimited stores
You may find several WooCommerce plugins to manage order statuses in the market, not all of which are best suited for your current needs. Thus, you are advised to assess your business needs first before you hop on to any specific plugin. Peer recommendations may help narrow down the list of such plugins. Since the final choice is yours, you are advised to make a pragmatic decision to improve your WooCommerce website.
Share your thoughts and questions in the comments section.