Look, Discount Works. Period! It works all the time, every time. Creating higher value for your customers is the golden rule of business.
Creating coupons, discounts, credits not just increase your sales, but also improve customer loyalty and repeat purchases.
I personally know people who make half of their entire annual revenue just during holiday season promotions.
I have seen people achieve their monthly sales targets by running a special promotion in the last 24 hours.
If you don’t trust my words, have a look at these stats:
- About 93% of shoppers use a coupon or discount code throughout the year.
- Consumers Are Four to Five Times More Likely to Make a Purchase if You Offer Free Shipping
- More than 59% of consumers search promo codes before buying anything online.
- Around 30% of online consumers sign up for price tracking service to get an email when the price drops for the item they want to buy.
- Digital gift vouchers generated US$698.2 billion worth of additional revenue last year. And it’s growing at 10% year on year.
With discounts, you will certainly increase your sales. In this article, we will discuss some of the best WooCommerce discounts plugins that you can use in your online store.
WooCommerce Discount Rules
WooCommerce Discount Rules is yet another popular discount plugin for WooCommerce with over 20,000+ active installs as of March 2020.
As their name implies, there are no limits for creating and setting up discount rules for your WooCommerce store. They have over 100+ types of Woo discount rules that you can create in your store.
- The discount rules can be either set to apply automatically or upon using a coupon code. There will be times when you want to activate the discount rules only when a coupon code is applied. The same coupon code can also be used to activate multiple discount rules.
- Set percentage-based discounts, price based discounts for a product category and also a particular product.
- Set BOGO offers for Woocommerce. Example: Buy Product X and get Product Y free.
- Set quantity based pricing, also known as tiered pricing. Eg: Buy 10 or more items, get 10% discount
- WooCommerce bulk discounts: Create bulk discounts in three simple steps. You can create unlimited bulk discount rules.
- More than 20,000 active installs in WordPress.org.
- Average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars. 197 customers out of 215 have given them a 5-star rating.
- More than 90% of users have given a 5-star rating for customer support.
- They have both a free and Pro version. Pro version is also much cheaper.
Most features are only in the Pro version
- $49.00/year for a single site
- $69.00/year for 5 sites
- $99.00/year for 25 sites
YITH Dynamic Pricing:YITH WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts plugin is one of the advanced dynamic pricing plugins for WooCommerce that lets you create custom dynamic discounts and price rules in your WooCommerce shop. Discounts, special prices, promotions, bonuses for your marketing strategies
- You can apply discounts to all products or only specific categories, tags and user roles. You can also change product prices based on quantity, etc.
- You can also include and exclude certain products from applying discounts.
- Choose from 3 different modes of discount. Fixed discount, Price discount, and Percentage discount.
- Not just discounts, you can also provide free products to the customers using the gift product feature that are available in their price rules
- They have Integrations with many of their other products which offer further value and features more than when they are individually used. Some of their integrations are YITH Woocommerce brands add-On, YITH Woocommerce membership, YITH Woocommerce role-based prices, etc..
- 49 out of 71 users have given them a 5-star rating and 17 users have given them a 4-star rating. It seems more users are satisfied and happy with the product.
- Though setting up rules seems to be hard at the beginning, the support team is very intuitive and patient in helping the customers to get started.
- Documentation is also very detailed and helpful to get hold of the plugin.
- Allows you to include a pricing table displaying the different price of the product based on the number of quantities purchased
- It also has a basic free version
- Their free version is very basic and has many complaints with just an average rating of 2.8 out of 5 in WordPress.org
- They have so many rules and priorities that make the layman hard to set up in the beginning. You need to spend some time to get a hold of the plugin
- For on-sale products, you cannot apply the discount starting from the regular price (despite the on-sale price).
- Pro version is expensive compared to other plugins
- BOGO rules could not be easily set up, considering its importance, a major drawback
- 89.99 for a single site
- 159.99 for six sites
- 199.99 for 30 sites
WooCommerce Smart Coupons
WooCommerce Smart Coupons is an extension provided by WooCommerce itself. It is the best selling plugin on WooCommerce which is currently used by more than 15,000 people.
It is a powerful “all-in-one” solution for discount coupons, gift certificates, store credits, and vouchers.
- WooCommerce smart coupons are loaded with proven methods to run discounts and promotions automatically. It allows you to set a percentage discount, fixed cart discount, fixed product discount, bulk discounts, etc.
- You can set up a discount with a particular product purchase. Once that product is purchased, the customer will receive a coupon with discounts for future purchases. This is great to generate repeat sales.
- Customizing designs for the coupons is so simple. They include pre-made designs and are also customizable with CSS.
- They have a powerful restriction option where you can restrict coupons to only certain user roles. This will help stop misusing the coupon. You can also restrict by shipping method and payment option if you want to encourage your users to use a particular payment and shipping method.
- You can also limit the max discount amount for percentage discounts. You can set the max discount amount that you can afford to spend to convert the customer and which will not turn into an overall loss.
- They have an average of 4.85 out of 5 stars. 59 out of 65 users have given them 5-star reviews and 4 customers have given them 4 stars. This itself speaks to the quality of the product.
- This plugin is super flexible and very easy to use. You never need to be a developer to get a hold of this plugin.
- The plugin is being regularly updated and supported (As of March 2020).
- The customization could be improved. Easier customization or more options for coupon design and emails would be much helpful.
- Pricing is a little expensive
- $99 for one year of updates and support
Advanced coupons for WooCommerce
Advanced coupons for WooCommerce is an advanced coupon plugin that has been designed primarily for WooCommerce store owners.
It lets you run amazing new types of coupon discount promotions that cannot be done with standard coupons in WooCommerce.
- URL coupons: You could create and send URLs to apply coupons. This is great to use in e-mail campaigns, social media support, etc..
- The coupons could be automatically added when certain cart conditions are matched.
- You can give coupons that automatically add products to the cart either for free or with a special discount.
- You can create BOGO offers with either a single product or group of products. You can also create BOGO offers for a particular product category.
- They have coupon notification feature which you can use to notify your customers if you have a special offer you’d like to tell your customers
- It has all the advanced features which most plugins do not offer. It allows you to create complex cart conditions to check before applying coupon codes.
- If you are offering a lot of offers at your store, you’ll love the flexibility that the plugin gives you.
- If they had a free version, that would have been of great help to store owners who are just getting started.
- They don’t have a free trial.
- $97/year for a single site
- $147/year for unlimited sites
WooCommerce Tiered Pricing
Tiered pricing table is a plugin by WooCommerce that helps you include a tiered pricing table for your WooCommerce products.
- You can add a pricing table on your product page which automatically adjusts the prices based on the number of quantities.
- It also has a summary table.you can show total or actual cost instead of the regular product price.
- You can choose the place where to display the pricing table.
- You can customize the title of the pricing table, colors, positions, etc..
- Works with regular WooCommerce import-export and WP All Import
- The plugin is being regularly updated as of March 2020.
- The pricing is cheaper considering the features they have compared to other plugins.
- They have a 30-day money-back guarantee that helps you to return the product if it does not meet your needs.
- The plugin is just 6 months old (As of Mar 2020), so we need to wait a little longer for more advanced features that are necessary for the pricing table.
- They do not have a free trial to try the product before purchasing.
$79 for one year of updates and support
Deals for WooCommerce by YITH
WooCommerce Deals by YITH is a great plugin to offer marketing deals and discount pricing on your WooCommerce website.
- You can create unlimited offers to show on the checkout page, based on a set of conditions associated with the offer.
- You can display the offers on the checkout page in three different ways. You can display it at the end of the checkout or you can show the offer using a popup or can show it using a full-screen popup.
- You can set restrictions on the offers, like on which condition the offer should be displayed to the customers. You can set these restrictions based on product category, location, price, product, tag, roles, and users.
- You can choose the type of discount you want to apply whether it would be of a percentage discount, price discount or fixed product price.
- You can set the duration of when the offer should be displayed (Start and End date).
- When it comes to YITH, you can always rely on their fast and responsive support team.
- You have an option to show another offer if they reject an offer. This will surely encourage your users to choose an offer which eventually increases the average value of each order.
- Very easy to set up and use.
- The plugin is limited to its features, in that it focuses just on showing an offer when the users are about to purchase. You cannot set different discounts like quantity-based discounts. You need to purchase their dynamic pricing and discounts plugin for more options.
- They don’t have a free version. Pro version is expensive considering the limitations that this plugin has.
- They have the option to show offers with just one product. Having an option to choose a product from different possibilities would be a great feature to think about.
- $69.99 for a single site
- $129.99 for six sites
- $189.99 for 30 sites
Pricing Deals for WooCommerce
Pricing deals for WooCommerce is a powerful, complete solution that helps you to create both Dynamic cart pricing discounts and wholesale fixed discounts.
- Create specific product discounts, cart discounts, and variable product discounts.
- Set Role-based pricing (different prices for logged in users).
- Price, Percentage or Fixed Price Discounts.
- Limit how many times a Customer can get a discount.
- Set Bulk discounts, BOGO deals, etc..
- It has a free version.
- 140 out of 169 users have given them a 5-star rating.
- The plugin is still active and regularly updated.
- The free version is limited in terms of features
- Pro version is a bit expensive
- $50.00 for a single site
- $80.00 for two sites
- $180.00 for 5 sites
- $300 for 10 sites
Did you like our best WooCommerce Discount plugins -2020 list? Which plugin do you use on your WooCommerce Store? What is your discount strategy?
Tell us in the comments section.